We are looking for a communications specialist to join our team!
Part-time: 20 hours per week
Location: Home-based office, the Netherlands
A unique opportunity to contribute to a corporate not-for-profit initiative, campaigning globally to enable dual-careers in the global workplace.
About the role
Permits Foundation works at government level, advocating for legislative change around the world so that dependants of highly-skilled mobile employees can access employment while in the host country. We are supported by over 40 major companies and organisations.
We are currently looking for a Communications Officer. This is an exciting, challenging, hands on role. As part of a small and efficient team, you will support the Foundation’s overall strategy by applying your communications expertise, particularly in relation to two key projects; a large-scale survey and our 20th Anniversary Conference (which may be online). With a strong communications background and possessing well developed IT and design skills, you must be able to hit the ground running. You are experienced drafting press, web, and social media content in native level English and familiar with developing a communications strategy. You are an effective communicator, with an affinity for working with a variety of stakeholders, ideally in a member setting. A self-starter, you are able to operate independently from your home office.
Reporting to the Director, your main responsibilities will be:
- Project managing the dissemination of a large-scale online survey, collating and presenting the data in a visually impactful way
- Supporting our 20th anniversary conference and other (online) events, overseeing the meeting/events platform, providing technical and logistical assistance
- Production of engaging online content e.g., videos, interviews, and dissemination materials (also as part of event communication)
- Developing our communication strategy, including proposals to refresh our website content and graphics, social media outreach and optimise engagement with our network
- Writing news items and press releases and contributing to our wider PR activities
- Day to day maintenance of website, suggestions for social media outreach
- Development of other dissemination materials which may support our aims e.g., newsletters, position papers, infographics, and slide decks
- Some general administrative duties
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a communications or a related discipline
- Proven and significant professional experience of 3 to 5 years
- Excellent command of spoken and written English – including proofreading, copywriting and editing skills to native level
- Experience running a large-scale on-line survey
- Well-developed IT, media and design skills e.g. Canava
- Experience of social media and web content responsibility
- Familiar with Word Press and MS Office
- Experience in the production and editing of audio and video content e.g., interviews, webinars, podcasts
- Experience organising events and hosting digital meeting platforms
- Creativity, bringing new ideas to help amplify our message
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to develop own targets and work plan and deliver against them
- Team oriented mindset, willing to be flexible according to the demands of the organisation
- The ability work with minimum supervision, respecting confidentiality requirements of the organisation and our members and sensitivities around government advocacy
- Knowledge of international mobility, dual careers and related social and demographic issues
- Experience in public affairs or government policy or HR management in international setting
- A good command of Dutch or other language(s)
- Aptitude for web/social media analytics
What we offer
A flexible role, working from home. Fixed term contract of 18 months with possibility of extension.
For this part-time role of 20 hours per week, we offer a gross monthly salary, of approximately € 2,000 (based on skills and experience), inclusive of both an 8% holiday allowance and a gratuity payment in lieu of retirement or other benefits. We also provide a tax-free expense allowance of € 30 per month. Further approved travel related expenses will also be reimbursed. A work laptop will be provided.
Please e-mail your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest and how you meet the requirements, and where possible an example of previous media work, by 15 March to our Director, Helen Frew at firstname.lastname@example.org